Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.6 changelog:
- Add Built-in Plugins Admins. Users can install, update and remove plugins by some clicks via Plugins Admin: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/features/plugin-admin.html
- Change plugin loading method: Remove the legacy plugin loading way and apply only the new plugin loading method.
- Add new message NPPM_GETPLUGINHOMEPATH in Notepad++ API for plugin, so plugin can get its path easily.
- Fix a regression of performance issue while word wrap option is enable.
- Fix a performance issue for switching back to folded document.
- Fix crash issue due to Unix style path input in Open file dialog.
- Fix UTF-8 detection problem: 4 byte characters UTF-8 character can be detected now.
- Enhance/Fix encoding detection/problem.
- Fix auto-indent issue by typing Enter on empty line.
- Fix "Close all but this" behaviour if multiple views are present and some files are dirty.
- Fix tool tip in document switcher showing the old name issue (after being renamed).
- Add autoit and lua autoCompletion
- NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
- Converter 4.2.1
- Mime Tool 2.1
- DSpellCheck 1.4.6
Updater (Installer only):
- WinGup (for Notepad++) v5.0.4
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware