Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.6.1 changelog:
- Several bug-fixes & enhancement on Plugins Admin.
- Notepad++ will load plugins from %PROGRAMDATA% instead of %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Fix installer's plugins copy issue under Linux (by using WINE).
- Fix Installer HI-DPI GUI glitch.
- Fix "Import plugins" not working issue.
- Fix printer header/footer font issue.
- Make installer more coherent for the option doLocalConf.xml.
- Make text display right in summary panel.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware