Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.7.1 changelog:
- Fix drag and drop tab regression: dragging tab is switched to another tab issue.
- Fix an input regression: Cyrillic, Turkish and other languages input issue in ANSI mode.
- Fix an ASP regression: VB looses syntax highlighting in ASP document.
- Fix Reload dialog displaying issue during File Monitoring.
- Fix “unhide lines” markers disappears issue.
- Fix Plugin menu is not localized issue if no plugin installed.
- Add “Copy File Name” command in context menu of “Folder as Workspace”.
- Fix crash while sorting lines with numbers longer than 20 digits.
- Enable Scintilla Virtual Space Option change from macro.
- Add Tcl, CMake and AutoIt keywords; add Python and SQL new syntax highlighting cathegories.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware