Notepad2 is a light-weight, free and open source Notepad-like text editor with syntax highlighting for a few commonly used languages. It's based on the Scintilla source code editing component and works on NT-based versions of Windows. This program can be run out of the box without installation, and does not touch your system's registry.
- Drag & drop text editing inside and outside Notepad2
- Basic regular expression search and replace
- Useful word, line and block editing shortcuts
- Rectangular selection (Alt+Mouse)
- Brace matching, auto indent, long line marker, zoom functions
- Support for Unicode, UTF-8, Unix and Mac text files
- Open shell links
- Mostly adjustable
New in Version 2.0.16 (released May 14, 2007)
- The msvcr70.dll runtime library is no longer required
- "Enclose Selection" helper tool (Alt+Q)
- Single line files are opened with default line ending mode
- Remapped hotkey Ctrl+Shift+Z from "Undo" to "Redo"
- Remapped hotkey Ctrl+Shift+Y from "Redo" to "Undo"
- Fixed bug: problem with MRU lists causing random crashes
- Fixed bug: moving lines up/down not working properly
- Fixed bug: window settings overwritten on new screen resolution