The latest GeForce Game Ready 382.05 WHQL driver is now available from Nvidia to download. The driver is recommended for Nvidia graphics card owners who are looking to play the new Prey reboot, which launched earlier today, as it carries some optimizations as well as the game's SLI profile, promising up to 93% increase in performance when using multiple graphics cards.
A VR title arriving for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, Battlezone, has received optimization as well. The driver also includes support for Gears of War 4's newly introduced multi-GPU functionality, which Nvidia boasts up to 88% increase in performance when using the new driver with two graphics cards in tow.
Two new SLI profiles for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III are included in the driver. Moreover, the driver should remedy a Nvidia specific SteamVR crash that was introduced in the Windows 10 Creators Update, with Valve themselves prescribing the new drivers as a fix.
In addition, the new driver arrives with a selection of bug fixes, which are listed below:
- (SLI, No Man’s Sky - with The Foundation Update 1.10 patch): With SLI enabled, there is texture corruption in the game.
- (SLI, GeForce GTX 670, World of Tanks): In SLI mode, blue-screen crash occurs when pressing Alt+Tab during the game.
- (GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Gears of War): After the bootup movies, blue-screen crash occurs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys.
- The NVIDIA Control Panel in the Windows desktop context menu, as well as the NVIDIA system tray icon, may be absent.
- System may hang at a black screen upon cold boot up.
- In a multi-display configuration, the extended displays are unable to enter sleep mode.
The 382.05 WHQL driver can now be downloaded via the GeForce Experience Windows app or by using the links listed below, with its release notes found here.