Nvidia has today released its GeForce Game Ready WHQL-certified 398.36 drivers, bringing optimizations for The Crew 2, which will be launching later this week.
There are a few bug fixes as well, some of which have been around for a long while:
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears ofWar 4][DirectX12]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playingthe game. 
- [Sterescopic 3D][NVIDIA Control Panel]: Switching the 3D display setting On and Off from the Windows display settings page has no effect on the NVIDIA Control Panel stereoscopic 3D settings page. 
- [G-SYNC]: G-SYNC may still be active after closing a game, causing the desktop to stutter.
- [Surround]: Multiple games crash when launched in Surround mode. 
- [HDR]: With HDR turned on, non HDR full-screen video playback may cause corruption/flickering in the video. 
- [Notebook]: Blue-screen crash occurs with Driver_Power_State_Failure error upon bootup. 
- Black Screen appears when booting Windows after installing the 397.93 display driver. 
However, the list of known issues remains extensive. Some of these issues have workarounds, which we have emphasized:
Windows 10 Issues
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 1080][G-SYNC][World of Warcraft: Legion][HDR]: Severe color corruption appears in the game after launching with the Windows HDR setting enabled. 
- Workaround: This issue does not occur with the Windows HDR setting disabled.
- [Surround][G-SYNC]: In Surround mode, the G-SYNC link in the NVIDIA Control Panel is missing. 
- [Surround SLI][G-SYNC][Overwatch]: There is constant flickering in the game when played in a specific SLI Surround configuration (2 displays on master GPU and 1 display on slave GPU) with G-Sync mode enabled. 
- [G-SYNC]: Windowed G-Sync mode may stutter after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring Creators Update. 
- [Shadow Warrior 2][TITAN V]: After launching the game with Windows HDR setting enabled, there is flickering corruption when hovering the mouse over the game screen. 
- Workaround: The issue does not occur withWindows HDR setting disabled.
- [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper-enabled motherboard. 
- [Netflix Edge Browser]: When playing a game in full-screen mode and playing a video from the Netflix Edge Browser, blue-screen crash occurs after multiple [Alt+Tab] switching between the two. 
- Workaround: The issue does not occur when playing the Netflix video in a Chrome browser.
- [Firefox]: Cursor shows briefcorruption when hovering oncertain links in Firefox. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel][Surround]: NVIDIA Surround hot keys do not work. 
- Random DPC watchdog violation errors occur when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. 
- Using power monitoring in GPU monitor tools causes micro stutter. [2110289/2049879]
- Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU
- Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips
- Using power monitoring in GPU monitor tools causing micro stutter
- Windowed G-sync mode may stutter after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring Creators Update.
- Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox
Additionally, these drivers add or update the SLI profiles for these titles:
- Dark Souls Remastered
- Hand of Fate 2
- Need for Speed Payback
- Super Mega Baseball 2
There’s also a new or updated 3D Vision profile for Output Zero.
The 398.36 WHQL-certified drivers can be downloaded via the GeForce Experience app on Windows, or via the links down below. The complete release notes are available here.