OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
OBS Studio 20.1 changelog:
- Added the ability to hide/show items in the audio mixer via the mixer context menu
- Added the ability to use replay buffer in advanced output mode (Note: cannot be used with the FFmpeg output)
- Added the ability to monitor the audio of stingers via its properties
- Added the ability to change the audio fade mode of stingers via its properties
- Added hotkeys to control VLC source playback (play/pause/restart/stop/next/previous)
- Added pulseaudio audio monitoring support on linux
- Updated x264 and FFmpeg to their latest versions, with new performance optimizations for newer Intel processors
- You can now bring up a context menu via right-clicking the mixer or items in the mixer
- Fixed a bug where if you try to stop the stream while reconnecting, the program could freeze up
- Fixed a bug where the window dimensions would not always restore properly from the last time the program was closed
- Fixed an issue where the program would be milliseconds out of sync
- Fixed a linux crash that could happen on program startup
- Fixed an issue where shuffle in the VLC source would always start from the first item
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occur when a connection times out
- Made a workaround for a decklink device driver issue where decklink/blackmagic devices could very slowly go out of sync in the blackmagic source (make sure buffering is disabled if you have this issue; buffering is now disabled by default)
- Disabled v-sync preview rendering on mac to prevent it from having an impact on performance
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware