OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, Mixer, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
OBS Studio 24.0.3 hotfix:
Fixed a startup crash on the 32bit version of OBS
Fixed an issue where audio monitoring on Windows would have a bit of unintended latency introduced by 24.0.2
Changes in OBS Studio 24.0.2:
Hardware accelerated decoding on the media source is now disabled by default rather than enabled by default. Some users use a ridiculous number of media sources, and turning on hardware accelerated decoding for every single one of them could cause some stability issues.
When running OBS as administrator, games will now be much less likely to cause lag to the video of OBS (we will eventually get this improvement working without requiring administrator, currently this does not work unless OBS is running as administrator)
Fixed an issue where media keys on your keyboard could trigger video/audio to stop/start playing in browser sources
Fixed an issue where part of the OBS output would be green when using OBS from a VM
Fixed an issue where stingers could sometimes cut off prematurely before they were finished
Fixed a freeze that could happen when using NVENC and changing the bitrate while in use while lookahead was enabled
Fixed a bug where OBS could sometimes stop recording due to lack of disk space despite having plenty of disk space
Improved the playback accuracy of media sources and stingers (this was the same issue that caused stingers to sometimes play back a bit erratically)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware