OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, Mixer, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
OBS Studio 25.0 new features:
- Added the ability to capture Vulkan-based games with game capture. Big thanks to Ubisoft Montreal for submitting this feature! [Littlematth/jpark37/Jim]
- Added a new capture method to window capture which allows capturing browsers, browser-based windows, and Microsoft Store (UWP) programs [jpark37]
- By default, it will use "Automatic", which will use the normal method on most windows, and the new method on browsers, browser-based windows, and Microsoft Store (UWP) programs
- The downside of the new method is that it can cause a bit of cursor lag, as well as a highlighted border around the captured window. The border itself does not get captured, however.
- You can choose which capture method to use in window capture properties
- Added advanced scene collection importing (on the menu bar, Scene Collection -> Import) which allows you to import from other common streaming programs [Dillon]
- Added Media source hotkeys to allow control of playback (stop/pause/play/restart) [cg2121]
- For now, these are just hotkeys. User interface for this is also planned for future updates
- Added the ability to drag and drop URLs to create browser sources (after displaying a confirmation prompt to ensure it was by intention) [WizardCM]
- Developers can add an embed to their web pages that let them pre-specify parameters that automatically get set in the source when it's dragged into OBS. See this link for more details: https://obsproject.com/tools/browser-drag-and-drop
- Added T-bar to studio mode [cg2121]
- Note that this will not work while using a Stinger transition or the "Cut" transition
- Added support for the SRT protocol (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Reliable_Transport) [boxerab]
- This is available by choosing "Custom" under Stream settings > Service, then entering your srt:// path into the Server box.
- Added a button grid mode to the scenes list, which can be toggled via right-clicking on the scenes list [Dillon]
- Added ability to lock volume values of audio sources via their right-click context menu in the mixer [cg2121]
- Added source icons to the source list that give a more visible indication of their function (can be disabled in the View menu) [full changelog]
OBS Studio 25.0.4 hotfix changes:
- Added an option to use MixrElixr when using Mixer in the streaming section of settings
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using secure input fields on macOS. Because of a likely bug with macOS Catalina that was causing this crash, if you use secure input while using OBS, external hotkeys will no longer function for the duration of the program, so if you use hotkeys with OBS, we do not recommend using secure input while using OBS. (This is a temporary fix to the crash because the only way to fully work around it is likely rewriting the entire OBS macOS hotkey handling to a different hotkey-capturing method)
- Fixed a crash on Windows with certain audio devices
- Fixed a crash with Decklink output
- Fixed a crash with Vulkan game capture hook on Intel GPUs
- Fixed scenes not always importing correctly from Streamlabs
- Fixed a bug with QuickSync ICQ rate control where it would have a limited bitrate
- Fixed NVENC not showing up on Windows 7
- Fixed keyboard input on Linux not being fully functional when interacting with browser sources
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware