OBS Studio is software designed for capturing, compositing, encoding, recording, and streaming video content, efficiently. It is the re-write of the widely used Open Broadcaster Software, to allow even more features and multi-platform support. OBS Studio supports multiple sources, including media files, games, web pages, application windows, webcams, your desktop, microphone and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, Mixer, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
OBS Studio 27.0.1 hotfix changes:
- Fixed 16bpp PNGs rendering brighter than version 26 [jpark37]
- Fixed blue chroma key value not keying correctly [jpark37]
- Fixed a bug where various sources, including game capture, would get stuck on a black screen sometimes [Jim]
- Fixed a context bar crash introduced by a 27.0 change [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where you could generate invalid undo/redo actions by clicking “Move Up” or “Move down” without having any source selected [WizardCM]
- Fixed an issue where Psycho Visual Tuning would cause NVENC to fail to load when enabled for certain devices. Instead, they will now load without it if it’s unavailable [jpark37]
- Fixed various settings (like lossless) for NVENC that could cause load failure [jpark37]
- Fixed a bug where “Delete Scene” undo/redo action was not being translated [WizardCM]
- Fixed filter changes not generating undo/redo actions [Programatic]
- Fixed an issue that could result in lag for people dragging and dropping sources to reorder [exeldro]
- Fixed a case on macOS where the VideoToolbox encoder would cause an encoder error when upgrading from 26 to 27.0 [RytoEX]
- Audio sources and scenes without filters will no longer have the “Copy Filters” option enabled [RytoEX]
- Added “Apply alpha in linear space” option to the media source which treats alpha as linear rather than non-linear (basically if you don’t know what that means, leave it alone) [jpark37]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware