After weeks of teasing and revealing almost everything about the device, OnePlus has finally announced the Nord. The new device from the company will sit below its existing OnePlus 8 series. The Nord is a mid-range offering from OnePlus that aims to deliver a premium experience at an attractive price point.
The front of the OnePlus Nord is dominated by its 6.44-inch 90Hz Fluid AMOLED display with minimal bezels surrounding it. There's also a dual punch-hole at the front that accommodates the dual selfie cameras. The primary 32MP selfie snapper is capable of recording videos in 4K at 60fps.
The Nord will be available in two colors: Gray Onyx and Blue Marble. Thanks to Warp Charge, the OnePlus Nord can charge from 0-70% in just 30 minutes.
The full specs of the OnePlus Nord are as follows:
- Display: 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate, Gorilla Glass 5, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Chipset: Snapdragon 765G
- Connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB-C
- RAM: 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB
- Rear Camera: 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with OIS, 8MP 118-degrees ultra-wide, 5MP macro, 2MP Depth sensor
- Front camera: 32MP selfie camera, 8MP 105-degree ultra-wide
- Battery: 4115mAh, Warp Charge 30T
- OS: Android 10, OxygenOS 10
To keep the price of the Nord in check, OnePlus has had to make a few compromises. There's no IP rating here meaning the phone is not water-resistant. Then, there's no wireless charging as well and the camera setup has been notably toned down as well.
OnePlus had already confirmed previously that the Nord will only be available in India and Europe. The company does not intend to launch the device in the United States.
In India, the OnePlus Nord will go on sale from August 4th on Amazon and OnePlus retail stores. The base variant will retail for Rs 24,999 but it will only be available in September. This variant is also exclusive to India. There are two other variants, one with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage for Rs 27,999 and 12GB RAM and 256GB storage for Rs 29,999. In Europe, the phone's prices start at €399.