With a built-in ad blocker, battery saver and free VPN, Opera browser for Windows brings you more speed and privacy. The data-compressing Opera Turbo feature, native ad blocker and other features will help you browse faster. And, the new battery saver feature will help you browse longer, too: it extends laptop battery life by up to 50%.
Opera will speed you up on the web and make sure ads don’t distract you from what matters. Opera's ad blocker is built right into the browser. No installation and setup required, just turn on ad blocking in the browser settings.
Of course, not all ads are evil. You can easily unblock ads on any website (like NEOWIN), if you want.
Opera for computers treats your safety on the web very seriously. Focus on surfing, while Opera browser takes care of your privacy and protects you from suspicious sites that try to steal your password or install viruses or other malware.
Protect yourself online with Opera’s privacy features. Use a private window to leave no history, cookies or cache behind as you browse - especially useful on shared computers. Turn on Opera’s built-in VPN to change your online location and browse more securely on public Wi-Fi networks.
Over 1,000 extensions make it easy to customize Opera. Download the extensions and themes you like from Opera’s add-ons catalog to get the best browser experience with a personal touch. With the animated themes, you can even bring Opera’s start page to life.
Opera 55.0.2994.37 changelog:
- DNA-59261 [Windows] Crash when dragging bookmarks into a folder
- DNA-59826 [Win] Some MediaColorTest.Yuv* tests fail
- DNA-60587 Decrease size of Opera release packages
- DNA-64026 Lots of error log messages when using VTVideoDecoder
- DNA-64937 Renderer crash after changing zoom level on page
- DNA-65368 Add test for update in progress to WidevineCdmUpdaterImplTest
- DNA-66072 Crash at extensions::MimeHandlerViewGuest::NavigationStateChanged(content::WebContents*, content::InvalidateTypes)
- DNA-66235 Searching bookmarks is slow
- DNA-66246 [Linux] Ugly dialogs in default Cinnamon theme (Linux Mint)
- DNA-66288 Window bar looks collide with tab strip
- DNA-66304 Dragging bookmark and dropping on Start Page breaks something
- DNA-66309 [Linux]Floating sidebar panels are separate windows
- DNA-66336 [WebUI] Add Adblocker as an extension to Extensions page – to onboard the feature
- DNA-66860 Search popup configuration
- DNA-66925 close tabs keyboard shortcut does not work correctly with multiple tab selection
- DNA-67211 [Mac] Bookmarks in menu appear twice
- DNA-67377 [Win] Icon changes on renaming folder on bookmarks bar
- DNA-67548 [Mac] No double click protection in Telnet dialog
- DNA-67650 Settings page is opened at the ‘Display’ section
- DNA-67854 [Settings] Custom lists need to have more precise instruction
- DNA-68144 [Win][Lin] Badge dialog anchor tip is overlapping icon
- DNA-68157 [Mac] Video popout gets bigger each time it’s being opened
- DNA-68239 Update our HSTS overrides
- DNA-68354 [Lin] [Mac] OperaAutoupdateCheckerTest.IntializesAndFinalizesIPCThread fails
- DNA-68401 Refactor vr_player to stop compiling chromium sources with exception handling as much as possible. [full changelog]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware