During its announcement of the OnePlus 5T, OnePlus also confirmed that it would be bringing a beta of Android 8.0 Oreo to the OnePlus 5. It was just a couple weeks ago that the first beta was released for the handset, now, the firm has offered up a second beta for download.
As far as the details go, it looks like a majority of the changes have to do with fixes, with not many new additions to the OS being found. If you want to take a look at the changelog, you can do so in detail down below:
- Fixed widget issues
- Fixed shortcut issues
- UI Improvements
- Added f4v format in video category
- Speed improvements while deleting massive files.
- Improvements to Reading Mode
- Improvements in vibration
- Improvements in Bluetooth audio
- Fixed Parallel apps bugs
- Fixed reboot issue when using Picture in Picture
- Updated Android security patch to November
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.
This update is not something that comes over-the-air (OTA), but if you are interested in loading it on your handset, you can check out the detailed instructions on how to do so on the OnePlus website. Always remember to back up any critical information, as it will most likely delete all your personal information. OnePlus has not announced a timeline of when the official update will arrive.