There is a new patch for Painkiller, updating the fast-paced first-person shooter by People Can Fly and DreamCatcher to version 1.2. This release includes two new multiplayer maps called DM_Fallen1 and DM_Fallen2, as well as redesigned prediction code, better mod support, improved weapon setups, server enhancements, balance tweaks, bug fixes, and more.
- redesigned and much improved prediction code (better prediction + less processor power required)
- two new maps: DM_FALLEN1 (for 2x2 and FFA) and DM_FALLEN2 (for 1x1)
- fully customizable weapon setup (each weapon module can have separate key)
- added better mod support (e.g. for Chains.Mod), e.g. pak file format fixes, free key binding (commands/messages), etc.
- option to switch the weapon along with primary/secondary fire switch
- added info about specs not being able to vote
- forced break added (e.g. when 1 player leaves during 1x1 fight)
- added various server start-up and configuration options for easier server maintenance
- added optional, variable weapon respawn timing
- stats music added
Download: Painkiller retail patch v1.2
News source: 3D Gamers