Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
- The menu bar was rendering incorrectly for certain themes (Windows 7 / Vista).
- Some items were not showing up in the "Recent Items" jump list (Windows 7).
- Clicking on the canvas straight from the menu would cause the paintbrush to draw a long streak.
- Copy+Paste would sometimes miss a pixel edge on the right/bottom sides, when using Fixed Ratio / Fixed Size modes.
- Fixed a crash when moving pixels off-canvas, switching tools, then trying to move the pixels back onto the canvas.
- Fixed some messed up rendering for IndirectUI effect dialogs (Windows XP).
- Performance is improved when switching between images that have lots of layers.
- Aero "snap" wasnt working when dragging part of the glassy area of the toolbar (Windows 7).
- Added a new menu item, Window -> Glass Dialog Buttons. You can use this to disable the "glass footers" for dialogs (Windows 7 / Vista).
- Glass Dialog Buttons are now disabled when font smoothing is disabled.
- If an e-mail program isnt installed, the error message for Help->Send Feedback is more informative.
- "Centimeters" was being truncated in the toolbar.
- The shape tools were not using pixel snapping.
- Layer names with ampersands were not showing up correctly.
- Updated the internal list of incompatible and unstable plugins, which are then blocked from loading.
- Fixed a crash with the Rectangle Select tool if "Fixed Size" mode was used and negative numbers were entered.
- Fixed an access violation due to a race condition in finalizing effect rendering versus un-write protecting the layers pixels.
- Fixed an access violation in the renderer for the background transparency "checkers".
- Fixed a crash when you would resize a selection to 0-width and/or 0-height, then expand it.
- Fixed a crash due to an overflow that prevented very large images from working (64-bit only).
- Fixed a crash with scanning/printing.
- Fixed the status bars progress bar showing up and doing nothing for codecs that dont report saving progress, such as JPEG.
- Fixed a major issue with the readability of the "update is available" dialog in any non-English language.
- Fixed a crash with the Zoom tool.
- Fixed some really weird scroll-flickering with the Text tool.
View: Official website
Download: Paint.NET v3.5 beta 2