Paint.NET is an image and photo manipulation application. Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. In order to handle multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description. This makes navigation very simple and fast.
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an images brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.
Changes since the last beta build:
- Significantly improved performance of the Ellipse shape
- Fixed the selection outline being drawn in the wrong location when zoomed in
- Fixed a glitch in the Line/Curve tool
- Fixed a rendering glitch and crash in the Move Selected Pixels tool
- Fixed a crash when attempting to draw a shape with zero width and/or zero height
- Updated installer to use .NET 4.5.2
- Fixed a problem that was preventing the installer from working with certain McAfee antivirus configurations (MsiOpenDatabaseW error 110)
- New language: Persian
- New language: Danish