Paint.NET is an image and photo manipulation application. Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. In order to handle multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description. This makes navigation very simple and fast.
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.
Paint.NET 4.1.1 changelog:
- New: Ukranian translation
- New: Norwegian translation
- Fixed a bug in the IndirectUI color wheel control where it wouldn't pick up the correct value for the alpha slider
- Fixed a crash with the new Shapes that would sometimes occur because the resources file wasn't updated yet (probably due to a "you have to reboot" dialog at the end of updating that was ignored)
- Reinstated the shortcut keys for the Adjustments menu, as this was a very unpopular change
- Improved: IndirectUI angle chooser control now supports the UpDownIncrement property
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware