Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
· Improved: Effect rendering should be a little faster now.
· Changed: Implemented some changes to the "Add Noise" effect that were suggested by a forum member.
· Changed: The canvas background color is now always #c0c0c0.
· Changed: The auto-updater should now correctly detect .NET 3.5 and newer, which will help to save bandwidth when Paint.NET v4.0 is released (it will require .NET 3.5).
· Fixed: Paint.NET now works on a system that has the .NET 3.5 SP1 "Client Profile" installed.
· Fixed: When zoomed in and the cursor is to the top-left of the image (negative coordinates), the ruler is now highlighted in the correct area. Fixed: The effect rendering system no longer sets the "Tag" property on the configuration dialog.
· Fixed: Some incorrectly authored plugins would cause a crash when loading their support details (author, copyright, etc.).
· Fixed: There was a bug in the color wheel for IndirectUI that caused it to show the wrong values at initialization.
· Fixed: There was a performance problem for effects that used the IndirectUI color wheel control.
· Fixed: In some rare cases, Paint.NET would crash while shutting down.
· Fixed: When using the "Fixed Ratio" feature of the Rectangle Selection tool, it would crash if 0 was specified for both the width and height.