Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
New and changed in this version:
Pale Moon 15.3.1 is a bugfix and performance release with a number of security, stability and efficiency fixes:
- More efficient CPU usage for JS and Canvas
- Pale Moon x64: Performance improvements
- Security fixes for CVE-2012-5840, CVE-2012-5839, CVE-2012-4210, CVE-2012-4207 and CVE-2012-4214.
- Fix for methodjit assertion issue (bug #781859)
- Fix for potentially exploitable crash in XPConnect (bug #809674)
- Fix for potentially exploitable crash in layout engine (bug #791601)
- Fix for potentially exploitable crash in JS string handling (bug #778603)
- Fix for potentially exploitable crash in GIF decoder (bug #789046)
- Fix for potentially exploitable crash in image decoder (bug #802168)
- Fix for use-after-free in editor lib (bug #795708)
- Fix for potentially exploitable crash in SVG (bug #793848)
- Fix for out-of-bounds read when blurring (bug #783041)
- Fix for potentially exploitable crash in text editor (bug #798677)
- Prevent URL spoofing through prompts (bug #700080)
- Fix for font rendering issues on Windows 8 (cairo+azure)
- Status bar options: Russian locale fixed
- Fix for status bar address bar linkover ghosting
- Fix for browser hang in some WebM video content
- Dont allow alert/confirm/prompt in onbeforeunload, onunload and onpagehide (bug# 391834)