Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows and Linux (with other operating systems in development), focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browser's speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on our own optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Supported by a friendly, active community of users
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any element's design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
- Able to import existing Firefox profiles with the migration tool
Changes in Pale Moon 26.5.0:
- Implemented a breaking CSP (content security policy) spec change; when a page with CSP is loaded over http, Pale Moon now interprets CSP directives to also include https versions of the hosts listed in CSP if a scheme (http/https) isn't explicitly listed. This breaks with CSP 1.0 which is more restrictive and doesn't allow this cross-protocol access, but is in line with CSP 2 where this is allowed.
- Fixed an issue with the XML parser where it would sometimes end up in an unknown state and throw an error (e.g. when specific networking errors would occur).
- Improved the performance of canvas poisoning by explicitly parallelizing it.
- Fixed a potentially exploitable crash related to text writing direction. (CVE-2016-5280)
- Made checking for invalid PNG files more strict. Pale Moon will now reject more PNG files that have corrupted/invalid data that could otherwise lead to potential security issues.
- Changed the way paletted image frames are allocated so the space is cleared before it's used. DiD
- Fixed a crash in nsNodeUtils::CloneAndAdopt() due to a typo. DiD
- Fixed several memory safety issues and crashes.
Download: Pale Moon 26.5.0 | 20.5 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 26.5.0 | Portable 64-bit | Intel Atom, XP Portable Build
Download: Pale Moon 26.5.0 x64 | 23.7 MB
Download: Intel Atom & Windows XP optimized Pale Moon 26.5.0 | 19.2 MB
View: Pale Moon Homepage | Pale Moon Screenshot