Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Changes/fixes in Pale Moon 27.5.0:
- Added a menu option to restart the browser.
- Added Windows-specific CSS parameters and queries for the use of the system accent color. Added are parameters -moz-win-accentcolor and -moz-win-accentcolortext, and the media query -moz-win-accentcolor-applies to know if Windows is actively using an accent color.
- Changed Windows' browser CSS sheet ot use variables instead of hard-coding colors, simplifying its style and making it more flexible. Further cleaned up the Windows 10 specific browser style.
- Changed the theme on Windows 10 to use the new accent colors and improve O.S. consistency.
- Fixed some general inconsistencies in the Windows theme on all Windows operating systems.
- Updated Windows widgets to be able to pick up Windows 10 accent colors dynamically and have the browser 's look and feel respond accordingly, even with automatic color changes based on desktop wallpaper.
- Removed the experimental FF4 prerelease status-in-addressbar feature because the already-crowded address bar needs a break. This should solve some extension interop issues, theme issues and domain highlighting issues people have reported.
- Cleaned up some dead code for the plugin updater that no longer exists.
- Fixed a text direction issue in preferences.
- Fixed an issue with disabled context menu entries after using Customize...
- Reorganized and cleaned up the status preferences.
- MSE Media updates (ongoing). We are focusing on improving MP4 handling.
- Improved MP3 metadata parsing (e.g. incorrect duration with embedded album cover)
- Fixed a number of searching issues in MP3 files
- Fixed a few crashes. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware