Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Android, focusing on efficiency and ease of use. Make sure to get the most out of your browser!
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to improve the browsers speed, resource use, stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
- Optimized for modern processors
- Based on proprietary optimized layout engine (Goanna)
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface
- Support for full themes: total freedom over any elements design
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
- Support for many Firefox extensions
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
- Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Many customization and configuration options
Pale Moon 28.4.0 changelog:
Removed more telemetry code from the platform.
Fixed implementation of the IntersectionObserver API to avoid crashes, and enabled it by default.
Switched to the new ffmpeg decode API to avoid dropping of frames.
Fixed a buffering issue in the WebP decoder that caused intermittent browser crashes.
Improved resource-efficiency for internal stopwatch timers.
Improved handling of incorrectly-encoded CTTS in media files, resolving some playback issues of videos.
Improved the Cycle Collector and Garbage Collector.
Improved fullscreen navigation bar handling in the situation it has focus when switching to full screen.
Aligned instanceof with the final ES6 spec.
Improved Windows DIB (bitmap) clipboard data handling.
Exposed TLS 1.3 cipher suite prefs in about:config in case people want to disable them individually.
Allowed empty string on the location.search setter to clear URL query parameters from JS.
Added a potential fix for external links not opening in the current window/tab (untested).
Enabled C++11 thread-safe statics in the entire application.
Updated several preferences for integration with the new add-ons site.
- Fixed a potential use-after-free in IndexedDB code. (DiD)
- Improved proxy handling to avoid localhost getting proxied. (CVE-2018-18506)
- Ported upstream Skia fixes. (CVE-2018-18356, CVE-2018-18335)
- Fixed an additional Skia issue. (CVE-2019-5785)
- Fixed several potentially-exploitable memory safety hazards and crashes. (DiD)
- Fixed a possible data race when performing compacting GC.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware