Paradox Interactive announced Surviving the Aftermath earlier this month, a post-apocalyptic survival colony builder that comes from the same series as Surviving Mars. In a surprise reveal, Paradox announced during PDXCON that the game is coming out today in early access form on PC through the Epic Games Store and Xbox One via Xbox Game Preview.
Iceflake Studios is developing Surviving the Aftermath, which is set on Earth this time, but a very destroyed one. Players will be trying to construct a colony in their desolate corner of the world with the dwindling resources they have, while also sending out parties of specialists to survey and gather resources from the outside world.
See the game's feature list Paradox provided down below:
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don’t forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty: Recruit over 46 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods: Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
Following today's early access launch on Epic Games Store and Xbox One, Surviving the Aftermath is slated to launch in full sometime in late 2020 across Steam and PlayStation 4. The game will cost $19.99 during the early access phase, with the price bumping up later on.