Password Safe is a password database utility. Like many other such products, commercial and otherwise, it stores your passwords in an encrypted file, allowing you to remember only one password (the "safe combination"), instead of all the username/password combinations that you use. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references—for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
PasswordSafe was originally designed by the renowned security technologist Bruce Schneier and released as a free utility application.
Fixed bugs in this version:
- Double backslash is now correctly parsed in Run Command.
- Perform autotype of correct entry when the user changes the selection made by a Find.
- The protected entry padlock symbol is now used in all places where a protected entry is listed in any dialog.
- If an expired or about to be expired entry is edited at database open (requires warning preference to be enabled), the database will be saved if the 'Save database immediately after any change' preference is enabled. After the open is complete, these changes can be undone/redone if required.
- Tree and List views now retain focus when a shortcut entry is created.
- Remember Find toolbar state when restoring from minimized.
- The virtual keyboard font size setting is now persistent.
- Remember if PasswordSafe was maximized when exited.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware