PDF24 PDF Creator installs a virtual printer driver that allows you to convert any printable document or image into PDF format. You can also import documents from your scanner, combine multiple documents into one and delete selected pages from existing PDF files. The program supports creation of secure, digitally signed documents, PDF quality settings, integrated preview, emailing, and more.
You can either drag'n drop documents onto the GUI or convert them from any other program by using the virtual printer driver - simply select the PDF24 printer instead of your regular paper printer.
Advantages of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Once installed, create PDF files forever
- Free upgrades included
- Conversion is simple and possible from all current programs
- Create PDF files from almost any application
- Easy to use
Several features of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Merge and split PDF
- Extract pages from a PDF
- Copy pages from one PDF to another PDF
- Integrated preview for easy PDF editing
- Secure a PDF (Prevent from unauthorised opening, printing, etc.)
- Set PDF information such as author and title
PDF24 Creator 8.8.0 changelog:
OCR component added - An OCR component has been finalized and integrated into the PDF24 Creator. This component lets you recognize text in scanned files and images and save the text information in the PDF so that the PDF is searchable and text can be copied. This feature greatly extends the possibilities offered by the PDF24 Creator.
- Supports multiple languages that can be loaded on demand to avoid inflating the installer unnecessarily.
- Supports the use of profiles to apply further processing after text recognition, e.g. to save as PDF/A.
- Multiple files can be processed in parallel.
- The status and remaining processing time is displayed.
PDF Reader: Go to page area feature optimized
- The X-axis is now also set correctly, so that the jumped area in the window is now always visible.
PDF password removal with timeout
- If a password cannot be removed or if the component that removes the passwords no longer responds, the function will abort after a certain time and return an error.
Save profile for the quality level HIGH added
- The quality level HIGH lies between GOOD and BEST quality. Now there are 5 standard quality levels.
Better colors when choosing a memory profile
- In the GUI component, where you can choose a save profile, the colors of the links have been optimized to make them better readable.
Right click in the header area of the file list of the PDF compress tool has opened an invalid context menu
- The context menu applies to file entries in the file list, but is invalid for the header area. This has been improved.
Profile application can be disabled when merging files into a PDF using the file tools
- If you only want to merge PDF files without reprocessing, you can now skip the profile application. A corresponding button is now available in the user interface. The file tools can be accessed e.g. via the PDF24 file context menu in Windows Explorer.
Improvements in the PDF Printer assistant
- The communication with the PDF compression tool has been improved. If the tool is already open, the new file is processed there and not in a new instance.
- A certain status window now displays a correct file name instead of a temporary one.
- A memory leak has been fixed, but this was hardly noticed because the application is usually closed after saving a file.
Many minor improvements under the hood
- In this version, many minor improvements have been incorporated into components that are not visible from the outside.
Temporary file was not deleted in PDF compression tool in a certain state
- There was a case with the PDF compression tool where a temporary file was not deleted. This problem is fixed.
Sporadic crash of the compression tool
- Closing the PDF compression tool could crash in certain situations. This was repaired and the problems were solved.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware