PDFCreator is an application for converting documents into Portable Document Format (PDF) format on Microsoft Windows operating systems. It works by creating a virtual printer that prints to PDF files, and thereby allows practically any application to create PDF files by choosing to print from within the application and then printing to the PDFCreator printer. PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
Changes in PDFCreator 2.5.0:
Increased Safety Level
A higher safety level (256 Bit AES encryption) is now available in PDFCreator Plus and all Business editions. This is possible because PDFCreator is now including PDF Tools libraries. The Swiss company PDF Tools is member of the PDF association and provides the highly valued PDF Online Validator pdf-online.com. Using PDF Tools for signing, encryption and PDF/A conversion ensures the highest quality standards.
- Dropbox share link is shown after conversion.
- Single share link (folder) for Dropbox allows upload of multiple files.
- Translations are improved for faster loading, correct plural forms for languages with more than one plural and improved translation experience for our translators (link: translate.pdfforge.org).
- E-Mail Client Action keeps Outlook font settings (with enabled HTML).
- HTML support for e-mails via SMTP.
- The PrinterHelper has been enhanced for a more stable installation, removing and repairing of printers.
- Better detection of Print/PrintTo associations for Windows 8 and above. This unfortunately was changed by Microsoft in an undocumented and incompatible way.
- Refuse encryption of PDF/A and PDF/X (comply with standard)
- Use PDF Version 1.7 for PDF/A-2b (comply with standard)
- Thanks to your error reports, we could fix some unexpected exceptions.
Note: PDFCreator 2.5 will be the last version to run on Windows XP. Further versions of PDFCreator will run on .NET 4.5 and require at least Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2008 SP2.