PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.5.0 release notes:
- (Windows) 7z 17.01 beta
- (Windows) zipx 7.15
- UPX 3.94
- Updated GUI and themes
- Can now move and rename objects inside existing archives (7z/p7zip supported formats)
Extraction and Archiving
- Added option to force browsing of archives containing errors (default off)
- Added option to show which options are volatile (context dependent) rather than persistent
- Improved archive conversion: "Change password" switch (default off) asks to provide a new password to be applied to converted archive(s), otherwise current password (if any) will be applied - decompression stage test current password for each input archive, asking new password in case of error
- Improved support for WIM format: in archiving and extraction interfaces, Advanced tab, were added options to operate including NT security information and NTFS Alternate Data Stream
- file manager shows SHA-1 hash value for items in WIM archives
- Scheduled deletion after archiving/extraction will not be performed if errors are detected
Privacy directive is available as GUI option
- 0 default, no password request
- 1 application asks for password when starts, skippable
- 2 application asks for password when starts, not skippable (password or keyfile must be provided)
Updated Wolfgang Ehrhardt's crypto library units
Various fixes and improvements
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware