PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.8.1 changelog:
- Code cleanup
- Various fixes and improvements
Extraction and archiving:
- Encrypted archives are now tested before extraction to ask for password if needed
- Fixed bug preventing to complete test of some encrypted archives
- Improved performance of list / test operations
- Improved progress bar accurancy for most archive formats
- Position and size of launcher window is now saved
- (Windows) Native drag and drop extraction now try to locate destination path with same method of custom drag and drop, in order to write the data directly to destination path
- performances improved, trying to write directly to destination volume a further copy operation overhead is avoided
- security improved, trying to avoid extracting data to temp path which may have different security properties than output path
- stability improved, trying to avoid extracting temporary data to a volume which may have not enough free space
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware