PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.9.0 changelog:
- Updated links of online resources to https form
- Various fixes and improvements
- Confirmation is now asked before adding, and renaming / moving files inside archives if items with same names already exists *
- Files / folders added to existing archive are now added to the directory that is currently being browsed *
- "Open as archive" is now the standard action for opening unknown file types with PeaZip, consistently with other file archivers
- PeaZip now supports editing files in archives *
- Known archive types are automatically asked to be updated when temporary preview files are modified
- Auto syncing can be turned off in options General > Auto update modified files in archives
- Archives can manually be synced on request from context menu More > Force update modified files in archives
- This allows to try to force to sync arbitrary archive types
Extraction and archiving:
- PeaZip shows estimated remaining time for archive / extract / test operations *
Windows and Linux installers:
- (Windows) improved handling of file extensions association in installation and unistallation procedures
* for archive typse supported trough 7z/p7zip backend
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware