PicoTorrent is designed to be a tiny, easy-to-use BitTorrent client with low memory usage for Windows (Vista and above). No ads, carefully selected features, and a native user interface integrating seamlessly with your desktop. PicoTorrent is built directly on the Windows APIs which means that it is native looking on all Windows versions. PicoTorrent is built on libtorrent which is a high performance BitTorrent library used by several of the most popular BitTorrent clients.
At a glance:
- Strong encryption with support for tunneling via I2P, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and HTTP(S)
- Works with both IPv4 and IPv6
- Multi-lingual user interface
- Free, open source, with a great community
PicoTorrent 0.16.0 release notes:
- This version of PicoTorrent is more or less completely rewritten, now using Qt as the UI framework.
- This release is not signed - my code signing certificate has expired. This will be fixed in the future, but for now you might see that SmartScreen tries to block the installation. Click Run anyway to continue past this screen.
- The configuration and state has moved into a SQLite database. This can be viewed with any SQLite browser/explorer. The reason being that SQLite makes it easier for us to recover from crashes and unexpected errors.
- GeoIP lookup now available in the peers view.
- Warn when disk space is too low.
- Adding magnet links now work much better - it will now search in the background and update the add torrent dialog when it finds the torrents (if you still have it open).
PicoTorrent 0.16.1 fixes:
- Installer now downloads the correct Visual C++ runtime.
- Fixed two issues with magnet links.
PicoTorrent 0.17 changelog:
- Add keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+O to add a torrent, Del to remove active torrent).
- Add drag and drop.
- Fixed the Visual C++ redist installer version comparison and made it not restart the host machine.
- Installer will now close any running PicoTorrent instance before installing.
- Fixed a few bugs on how we handle the libtorrent torrent handle.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware