PicoZip is an award winning file compression utility that runs on all 32-bit Windows platforms such as Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000 and XP. It is extremely easy to use, yet contains many advanced features that helps you create or unzip Zip files, as well as most other popular archive formats like RAR, ACE, LHA, JAR, etc. PicoZip is compatible with Zip files created by WinZip, PKZip and others.
Changes in PicoZip 2.1:
- Added the ability to automatically save existing archive file associations before making any changes to associate it to PicoZip, and PicoZip will automatically restore these associations if you choose not to associate it to PicoZip.
- Added the ability to restore the native CAB and ZIP support in WindowsXP if you uninstall PicoZip. Note that you need to reboot after uninstalling to complete the restoration.
- Expiry of registration key has been removed.
- Fixed the filter bug which causes the whole archive to be deleted if a filter is active, all currently shown files are deleted and there are files which did not meet the filter criteria.
- Fixed the PicoZip main window restore bug. This bug causes PicoZip main window to be not maximized when you run PicoZip, even though you had it maximized the last time you use it. A side effect from this bug also causes the "grab tool" on the lower right corner of the PicoZip main window to be unusable when in this state.
- Fixed a bug in the Backup feature where backups cannot be performed if you try to make a backup that contains a single folder which contains only subfolder(s) that may contain files/folders.
- Fixed an issue with the Properties dialog box, where the archive information is not correctly shown if you apply a filter to the archive that hides some file(s).
- Fixed a bug in the InfoTip shell extension, where the archive information is not correctly shown when you place your mouse cursor over some Zip files in Windows Explorer.
Download: Picozip 2.1