The Plex media platform first arrived on Xbox One last year, several months prior to the rollout of the PS3 and PS4 versions. The app serves as a powerful media streaming tool that can pull video, audio and picture content from a computing device that currently resides on your network to other devices on that same network and, in some cases, anywhere in the world.
Yesterday, the Plex app for Xbox One received a significant update which brings in several new features and bug fixes.
New features include:
- Photo library views
- HTTPS support
- Theme music (and the ability to turn it off)
- Skip forward 30s/back 10s during video playback
- Previous/next buttons on preplay
- Playlist preplay - shuffle and delete playlists
- Play queue actions for music - 'add to up next' and 'play next'
- Mark season/show as watched/unwatched
- Delete items
- User setting for blur/dim
- Single column view for library list
- Grey/repeating posters in browse page
- Return to incorrect pre-play after navigating between episodes
- Unwatched/watched status of season/show may be incorrect
- UI and icon tweaks
Plex is free to download on Xbox One as well as many other popular devices & platforms, you'll just need to make sure you have the app installed on the device from which you intend to host media content from.