Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (PES 2018), Konami's latest iteration of its massively popular football game, is now available for download on the Xbox One. The demo version of the game was released for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4 on August 30, though no demo has been made available for the PC as of yet.
The famed football game is being released much earlier than its competitor, FIFA 18, which is scheduled to launch worldwide on September 29. PES 2018 has scored highly positive reviews based on its demo version so far, with game reviewers praising the realistic gameplay and improved gameplay mechanics.
The official game description on the Xbox Store notes the following new features for this year's PES:
• Gameplay Masterclass – Strategic Dribbling, Real Touch+ and new set pieces take the unrivalled gameplay to the next level
• Presentation Overhaul – New menus and real player images
• PES League Integration – Compete with PES League in new modes including myClub
• Online Co-op -A mode dedicated to co-op play is newly added. Make, play and take your clan to the top of the ranks
• Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
• Master League Upgrade – Experience life as manager with new pre-season tournaments, improved transfer system, presentations and functionality
• Enhanced Visual Reality – New lighting, reworked player models and animations covering everything from facial expressions to body movement to bring the game to life
It will be interesting to see if the improvements in the latest iteration of PES will be enough to surpass EA's FIFA in the eyes of football fans this year.
Be sure to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter for the latest gaming news updates!