Process Lasso is an automated Windows process (program) management and optimization utility. By managing the programs running on your computer, Process Lasso increases system responsiveness and helps to prevents system stalls. It accomplishes this through our ProBalance technology. This proprietary algorithm dynamically adjusts the priorities of running programs so that some are given higher priority access to the CPU(s) than others. With Process Lasso, no longer will single, or multiple, processes be able to bring your system to a virtual stall. Process Lasso will let you keep interacting with your computer, even when it is totally swamped.
Process Lasso is NOT yet another task manager. It is a process priority optimization, CPU affinity optimization, and system automation utility. Priority optimization, affinity optimization, core optimization, automated rules, automated power schemes, you name it and Process Lasso has it. Although most consider Lasso the ultimate process priority optimizer, it does so much more!
What is the difference between the free and Pro versions of Process Lasso?
The differences are described here.
Whats new in this version:
- Fix issue with default CPU affinities referencing cores greater than 31 not being applied correctly.
- Fix failure to set governor to run as service under specific (non-system) user account.
- Fix control tab ordering in Keep Running config dialog
- Refactored the "Keep Running" (auto-restart process) feature. You can now keep multiple instances of the same process running with differing command lines.
- Revert to older, more effective, behaviorr of Gaming/Multimedia mode.
- Allow IP based activation in the event DNS resolution fails
- Language updates.