The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. qBittorrent is an advanced and multi-platform BitTorrent client with a nice Qt4 user interface as well as a Web UI for remote control and an integrated search engine. qBittorrent aims to meet the needs of most users while using as little CPU and memory as possible. qBittorrent project needs help on Windows front: qBittorrent was downloaded 145 000 times last month on Sourceforge and almost 80 percent of those downloads are for Windows. qBittorrent is a truly Open Source project, and as such, anyone can and should contribute to it.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~25 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Release notes for v3.3.14:
- This release is made mainly to fix the previous problematic fix for Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks via the webui.
- It also contains another Webui fix for a DNS rebinding attack. For all WebUI users, if your qBittorrent server is assigned with a domain name, it is recommended to enter the domain name in GUI: Options -> WebUI tab -> Server domains textbox or in config: Preferences section -> WebUI/ServerDomains in order to defend against DNS rebinding attacks.
- For macOS users: This is my first attempt to have a shortcut to Applications folder in the dmg. I hope that I didn't screw up the presentation.
- Google has decided that qBittorrent is a persona non-grata. Read this reddit post for more info.
- Either this weekend or the next one you will get a beta for v3.4.0. It has A LOT of new features so help in finding grave bugs. Keep checking back to see if it is posted.
Changes in qBittorrent v3.3.14:
- BUGFIX: Set interface for outgoing traffic(libtorrent 1.1.x series). (evsh)
- WEBUI: Fix KEEP_ALIVE_DURATION value (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Relax CSRF defense. Closes #6882. Allow HTTP request which has neither Origin nor Referer header included. (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Skip username/password check for active sessions (closes #6860) (Thomas Piccirello)
- WEBUI: Fix value comparison. Closes #7081. (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Avoid modifying request headers (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Implement HTTP host header filtering. This filtering is required to defend against DNS rebinding attack. Fixes security issues reported by @beardog108 privately. (Chocobo1)
- WEBUI: Add Status column to webui (addresses #6815) (#7032) (Tom Piccirello)
- WEBUI: Bump API_VERSION and API_VERSION_MIN to 15.
- SEARCH: Pad shorter python versions. Closes #6877. (sledgehammer999)
- WINDOWS: Updated Arabic, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Danish languages of the installer. (KingLucius, BouRock, thalieht, Andrei Stepanov, scootergrisen)
- WINDOWS: Raise total stack size on Windows to 8 MB. Closes #7021. (Chocobo1)
- LINUX: Systemd service with user switch and other fixes/optimizations. (anton.latukha)
All the files displayed in the screenshot above are from PublicDomainTorrents.info: Free and Legal Torrent Downloads.