Leading NAS manufacturer, QNAP has announced a new network-attached storage (NAS) lineup dubbed the 'TS-x53D 2.5GbE NAS series'. With this product stack, the company is targetting general NAS lovers, like media server enthusiasts, as well as gamers who have massive game libraries, etc. The devices will be powered by Intel's 10W Celeron J4125 processor based on Goldmont Plus core architecture. They have been named such that the 'x' in the model name indicates the number of drive bays it has. Hence, the top of the line "TS-653D-8G" model features up to six bays and 8GB dual-channel memory. It comes with a price tag of $799 on Amazon.com and the lesser options are expectedly cheaper. The other options are:
- TS-253D-4G: 2 drive bays, 4GB DDR4 memory (1 x 4GB), price: $511;
- TS-453D-4G: 4 drive bays, 4GB DDR4 memory (1 x 4GB), price: $630;
- TS-453D-8G: 4 drive bays, 8GB DDR4 memory (2 x 4GB), price: $740;
- TS-653D-4G: 6 drive bays, 4GB DDR4 memory (1 x 4GB), price: $773.
These NASs support SSD caching (both NVMe and SATA) for low latency faster data access. Dual 2.5GbE RJ45 ports are provided for up to 5Gbps transfer speeds via port trunking. The TS-x53D feature Virtual JBOD tech to utilize unused storage across multiple QNAP NAS units.
Other key features are:
- Hot-swappable 2.5-inch/3.5-inch SATA 6Gbps HDDs or SSDs
- 1x PCIe 2.0 x2 slot (PCIe 2.0 x4 slot for the TS-253D) for attaching NIC network cards of up to 10GbE standard as well as expanding M.2 slots
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, 3x USB 2.0 ports
- 4K60 support via HDMI 2.0
- 4K video hardware transcoding support for converting videos to universal file formats
- Video streaming through DLNA, Plex, and Chromecast
- Support for QTS App Center for third-party apps
The NASs come with a three-year standard warranty which can be extended up to five by paying a fee.
As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.