QTranslate is a free translator for Windows ( XP3/Vista/7/ 8/10). With this small utility, you simply select the text you want to translate and then press hot key (Ctrl+Q to show translation in the popup window or Double Ctrl click to show the translation in the main window). The program also has the ability to speak text (Ctrl+E) and perform a dictionary search (Ctrl+Alt+Q). Also, you can open the main window and type text manually.
The current version supports the following translation services:
- Google Translate
- Bing Translator
- SDL FreeTranslation.com
The program has two modes of translation by mouse selection (click on the program icon in the system tray to turn this mode on):
- Show icon (Select text in any program, the program icon will appear near the cursor. Click on the icon, the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear);
- Show translation (Select text in any program and the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear immediately).
The main features:
- Translate text in any application that supports text selection (Google Chrome, Microsoft Word, Acrobat Reader, Skype, and etc.);
- OCR text recognition (OCR API provided by OCR.SPACE);
- Search in online dictionaries;
- Search in offline XDXF dictionaries;
- Instant translation;
- Spell checking;
- Text to speech synthesis;
- Word suggestion/autocomplete;
- History of translations;
- Virtual keyboard.
- Portable version.
QTranslate 6.7.0 changelog:
New: Naver service API (Naver service was renamed to Papago)
New: Marathi language
New: Danish localization
Improved: Text recognition
Fixed: Yandex translates only short texts
Fixed: Microsoft service doesn't work in China (set Preferred Domain option to "cn")
Fixed: Options are not saved sometimes after user logoff
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware