REAPER converts your computer into the full power of any top-of-the-line recording studio. Minus, of course, a room full of shockingly expensive converters, microphones, amplifiers, and, well, talent. REAPER works with almost any hardware and can be used in combination with a vast universe of other software and plug-ins. Take advantage of REAPER's full functionality using only your current computer and a microphone, or use REAPER to drive an entire professional recording studio.
- Record audio and MIDI from multiple inputs simultaneously
- Layer recorded tracks and takes over previous recordings
- Edit recordings in almost any imaginable way
- Hundreds of audio and MIDI processing effects included, or choose from thousands of third-party effects
- All editing and effects are completely non-destructive
REAPER 4.76 changelog:
- Editing: show horizontal guide lines when moving envelope points/segments, and media items in free item positioning mode
- Elastique 3: new version, also re-fixed the multichannel issue on win32
- Frame rate grid: corrected 29.97DF grid/snap behavior
- Media explorer: peaks drawing fixes/optimizations
- Media items: fixed potential volume/pan/pitch adjustment issues vs item locking .
- Multitouch: improved Windows 8.1 multitouch behavior
- Project: allow user defined framerates
- ReaPitch: fixed potential crash when loading presets
- ReaSurround: don't rotate diffusion fields while rotating input sources
- ReaVerb: better handling of impulse response file gain, deprecated old normalize options
- Ripple edit all tracks: re-ripple things after locked items, if some items are selected there too
- The full changelog is available here.