Recently, Bethesda announced that Arkane Austin is working on an open-world co-op shooter called Redfall. It's launching exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC in Summer 2022, and will be included with Xbox Game Pass. While the team didn't tell us more about the game — except for the fact that we'd be fighting "science-inspired" vampires with different characters — a leaker posted a number of images on Imgur from an early version of the title online.
The images below showcase characters, weapons, urban structures, woods, and a host of other features. We've compiled a list of the major features we were able to ascertain from the screenshots.
- Redfall appears to be a looter shooter game.
- The title features a skill tree that makes your hero stronger.
- You can choose between half a dozen characters.
- The weapons in the game have different tiers like Destiny 2 or The Division.
- You explore the open-world areas to find quests.
- The first-person perspective is featured prominently.
- There appears to be an option to experience the title in third person.
- Each character has unique abilities as well as an Ultimate.
- There are medpacks in the game that you can use to quickly heal.
- It's unclear if your health regenerates automatically or you need medpacks to survive.
- There are lockpicks, wire cutters, and other tools available to possibly access new areas and locked items.
- There are friendly characters you encounter that aren't just vampires and the cultists who worship them.
Keep in mind that these are screenshots from a game very early in development. Given the fact that the title is in development for only Xbox Series X|S and PC, we'll have to wait and see how it turns out when it actually launches.
What do you think of Redfall? Will you play it? Let us know in the comments below.