RulesPlayer is a free graphical interface for MPlayer - one of the best media player application of the world. MPlayer is a very fast media player for Linux, supporting wide variety of video and audio formats, with many features, low system requirements and all the codecs built in. Those who don't know the greatest media player ever just visit MPlayer home page
* Media Player Classic is damn slow (with certain combinations of codecs), BSPlayer not much better
* ALShow doesn't support .srt subtitles
* MPUI is not very customizable and is ugly and not very fast...
* VLC's subtitles are awful
* MPlayer rules, but without GUI is useless
* Play almost every media file!
* No codecs needed !
* Great picture quality
* .And much more... take a look at MPlayer homepage
* Added echo command
* Added zoom command
* Added disk writer audio output to the menu
* Added predefined zoom commands to the default right click menu
* A single subtitle file with language suffix is now loaded even it is not in the default languages list (in simple words if you have movie.avi and movie.gipsy.srt, the subtitle will be loaded although the gipsy language is not in your list)
* The space is now valid language suffix separator for the subtitles too in addition to dot (i.e. movie en.srt is now the same as movie.en.srt)
* $osd_messages now defaults to 0
* Fixed menu radio items updating for some variables
* Fixed the screenshot is now working again after it's been broken in some of the last releases