Samsung has announced launch details for its newest flagship smartphone in India, and is hoping to entice potential early adopters with a couple of offers to sweeten the deal.
The Galaxy Note7, which it unveiled last week, will be priced at Rs.59,900 INR (roughly $895 USD) in India, and will be available from September 2, the same day on which it will be released in Europe.
The Galaxy Note7's key specs include:
- 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with Quad HD (2560x1440px) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and dual curved edges
- Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 256GB)
- 12MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus, optical image stabilization, LED flash, auto HDR, and 4K video recording at 30fps
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- NFC support
- USB 3.1 with Type-C connector
- Iris scanner
- Fingerprint sensor
- IP68-certified for dust-proof and water-resistant to 1.5m depth for up to 30 minutes
- 'S Pen' stylus support
- Non-removable 3500mAh battery
- 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm; 169g
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (upgradeable to Android 7.0 Nougat) with Samsung TouchWiz UI
As GSM Arena reports, those who pre-order the Note7 in India between August 22 and August 30 will be offered the second-generation Samsung Gear VR headset for only Rs.1,990 (just under $30), compared with its regular price of Rs.7,290 ($109).
Buyers of the Galaxy Note7 in India will also get three months of unlimited voice calls and 4G LTE data on the Reliance Jio network, including full access to the suite of Jio services.
Source: GSM Arena