According to a report by SamMobile, Samsung has begun work on new Galaxy Note and Tab series of tablets in four categories. The model numbers uncovered by the site can be seen below.
- Galaxy Tab AS – - – SM-T351
- Galaxy-Tab AL – - - SM-T551
- Galaxy-Tab AS – - - SM-T350
- Galaxy-Tab AL – - - SM-T550
- Galaxy-Tab-AL Plus – - - SM-P551
- Galaxy-Tab-AL Plus – - - SM-P550
- Galaxy-Tab AS Plus – - - SM-P351
- Galaxy-Tab AS Plus – - - SM-P350
The Galaxy Tab AS (Small) (SM-T350/351) and the Galaxy Tab AL (Large) (SM-T550/T551) could be successors to the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 and Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 respectively. The site also believes that the SM-P350/351 (Wi-Fi/Cellular) and SM-P550/551 (Wi-Fi/Cellular) tablets will be mid-range devices under the Galaxy Note series.
The SM-P350/351 might be 7- or 8-inch tablets, while the SM-P550/551 might come with larger screens up to 10- or 12-inches. There's no additional info on when these tablets will become available, but the site speculates they will be released "in Q2 or Q4 of this year", preloaded with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Source: SamMobile | Image via CNet