Run programs in a sandbox to prevent malware from making permanent changes to your PC.
Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
Changes in Sandboxie 5.12:
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365 ClickToRun is now supported for paid users.
- Chrome 52 is now supported.
- Sandboxed applications are no longer allowed to change the system power configuration.
- Environment variable USERNAME now shows proper username instead of "SYSTEM" in sandboxed applications.
- Added qWave driver (Google Hangouts, and other websites) to templates.ini under Applications->Miscellaneous
- The new, faster loader code developed for Windows 10 is now used for Win 8.0 & 8.1.
- Fixed 2 Excel clipboard related crashes
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14328 issue with WOW64 applications crashing.
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 BSOD.
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE).
- Fixed Win 10 FR 14295 crash in Chrome & FF.
- Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14279 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
- Fixed rare printing crash in Chrome-32 under Win 10-64.