ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in version 2.10:
- The app and the installer are now digitally signed! You should see my name (Nicke Manarin) on the properties of the files.
- Redesigned screen/window/area selection experience on the new recorder.
- The app will ask before closing if there's anything being edited.
- Added the option to save the project while saving a gif (by using the same filename).
- For some users, clicking to stop the recording was crashing the recorder.
- The "Insert recording" action was ignoring the option of using the new recorder UI.
- Added support for images with ".jpeg" extension (same as .jpg that is supported already).
- The app now remembers the last used position of the Watermark.
- Pressing Esc wasn't closing the panel when the keyboard focus was inside the Free Drawing and Cinemagraph elements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware