ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in ScreenToGif 2.24:
- Added the option to run the FFmpeg encoding with two-pass.
- [Installer] Added the option to install the shortcut to all users.
- [Installer] When installing, the UAC prompt will only appear if necessary (for example, when installing the shortcut to all users).
- Added the option to force the update to run with elevated privileges.
- Updated the default parameters for exporting with FFmpeg (click on the reset button to load the new ones).
- When trying to insert an image with a different DPI than the project, it would import it with the incorrect size.
- Added a warning when trying to import multiple images with different DPIs
- The app could crash when rendering a character which had a broken glyph (while using the caption feature).
- The app was crashing when applying the 'Reduce Frame Count' while selecting the last frames.
- It was not allowed to add a preset with a name already in use in a preset from another video type.
- (Experimental) Added a workaround for the 'Not enough quota...' crash. It can be disabled on Options > Application.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware