ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
- You can now load recent projects, which have not been discarded.
- Automatic clean up of old projects, which have not been discarded yet (optional, check out your options).
- More options for keyboard shortcuts of the recorder.
- Keyboard shortcut for the discard action (when recording).
- Custom timing for the pre-start countdown.
- Custom delay for the transitions (now the app also remembers the latest transition length).
- If you open the app for the first time and try to load something, a crash occurs, caused by a property not properly initialized (TemporaryFolder).
- Several bugs related to high DPI scaling (including a known bug related to the crop feature).