ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
- Updated the Italian translation.
- Video encoder with FFmpeg now uses a default set of parameters that should work for most applications.
- Snap to Window issue fixed (#120).
- By using "Delete all previous frames" and hitting Undo, the app would crash (feedback reported by e-mail).
- Dirty clipboard values would affect subsequent recordings (I forgot to clear clipboard data between different projects).
- The free text feature used a wrong keyboard shortcut.
- Several improvements with the Free Text and the Watermark feature.
- By canceling the insertion of frames into a project, the app would stay in a permanent lockdown.
- Frames with different sizes are no longer treated as an error. The encoder will now treat the missing pixels as transparency.