The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite. Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
SeaMonkey 2.53.2 changelog:
Scrollbars have been switched over to the native gtk3 theme in bug 1625754. If your theme does not show scrollbar buttons and you would like to see them try editing ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css and adding the following:
- The download progress dialog has been fixed and is now showing the correct status for downloads. Some downloads may not show the transferred count. This problem is under investigation.
- SeaMonkey is now translated and available in Finnish and Georgian.
- Because of website compatibility issues and privacy concerns the Lightning version is no longer appended to the user agent string and has been removed from the preferences dialog.
- Advanced Layers has been activated on Windows. This should boost performance on some websites. If you experience graphics problems please disable it by setting the pref "layers.mlgpu.enabled" to false.
- Whether the native app chooser is used in Linux is now controlled via a preference setting in the Helper Applications preference pane.
- In the Modern theme, popup notifications have improved styling and column headers now display sort direction arrows.
- The column picker and folder view have been reinstated for the bookmarks panel.
- Introduced the ability to close all tabs to the right of the current tab.
- Whether mailnews tabs open in the background is controlled by a separate preference to browser tabs via General Settings section of main Mail & Newsgroups preference pane.
- Fixed an issue with the recipient being missing when using Reply to Sender and Group button in Newsgroup discussions.
- SeaMonkey now prevents address books from having duplicate names. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware