The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite. Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
SeaMonkey 2.53.4 release notes:
This version makes changes to your profile that can't be reverted in case you want to go back to a previous version of SeaMonkey. You MUST absolutely do a full backup of your profile before trying SeaMonkey 2.53.4. Automatic upgrades from previous versions are disabled for this release. Please download the full installer from the downloads section and install SeaMonkey 2.53.4 manually over the previous version.
- Upgraded NSS to 3.53.1 bug 1643859.
- Updated to Unicode 11 for SpiderMonkey bug 1466471.
- Updated bundled Twemoji Mozilla font to v0.5.1 to support newer emojis bug 1644346.
- Updated how photos are handled in the addressbook bug 1641705.
- Removed outdated RSS feed handlers bug 1643716.
- Fix initialisation of TodayPane mini-day, to show the right day bug 1479628.
- Fixed sizing issue of HTML mail question (askSendFormat) dialog bug 1583415.
- Update of help page content and links.
- Various security and general platform fixes. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware