Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
Shotcut 19.02.28 fixes:
- Fixed opening image sequence on Windows with extended/special characters in file path/name.
- Fixed crash on some video clips, particularly those with Google Pixel 3 and likely others.
- Fixed field order with interlaced export.
- Fixed an image artifact when using keyframes with the Mask: Simple Shape filter.
- Fixed image and alpha channel integrity with transitions on clips with a non-opaque alpha channel.
- Fixed a crash when changing clip Properties > Audio > Track.
- Fixed Properties > Video > Color Range inaccurate after changing it.
- Fixed Shake One Second presets in regions that use comma for decimal point.
- Fixed moving a Playlist item to the end.
- Fixed more dialogs to be modal to prevent them from going behind the main window.
- Fixed Overlay HTML webvfx templates when using a project folder.
- Fixed volume slider appears before main window at launch on macOS.
- Fixed more dialogs to use sheet style on macOS.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks in MLT.
- Upgraded Qt to version 5.9.7.
- Changed Width and Height minimum to 0 for Blur filter.
- Set the Save as type list on all file save dialogs (convert, reverse, text, EDL, image).
- Improved the quality of Export Frame > WebP.
- Show "Not Seekable" instead of "Live" when opening a non-seeable clip (or device or stream).
- Show a status message when trying to drag from Project player.
- Prefer loading DLLs in Shotcut's install folder over those in System32.
- Default the out point of the Color, Count, and Text generator clips to the same as image duration (default 4 seconds).
- Added Offset to Timer video filter.
- Added Vertical HD 30 fps and Vertical HD 60 fps video modes.
- Added support for HTTPS.
- Added --QT_SCALE_FACTOR and --QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS command line options.
- Added English (Great Britain) translation.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware